An Important Message from the Board of Directors
The SNRC Board of Directors is happy to announce the club’s return to rowing on Monday, June 8th. The South Niagara Rowing Club is fully committed to follow the re-opening guidelines created by Rowing Canada and endorsed by Row Ontario. As a result, new COVID-19 related measures are being implemented to ensure all of our rowers, staff, coaches, volunteers and directors stay healthy and safe while enjoying the rowing season.
In preparation for Stage 1 SNRC return to rowing, every participant and attendee to the club will be required to adhere to the SNRC COVID Code of Conduct (CCC). All registered program participants will be required to sign the CCC when they register for their program (https://membership.rowingcanada.org/JoinProgram), prior to arriving at site. Please review the CCC carefully and ensure that you understand all your responsibilities. All other club participants (coaches, staff, volunteers, directors, etc.) will be required to review and sign a copy of the SNRC CCC prior to their first visit to the club. We will require everyone’s full commitment to following the SNRC CCC, no exceptions. All club participants will be given a club orientation of the COVID-19 measures that have been implemented during their first visit to the club.
In a spirit of optimism and trust in our community, the Club has developed the CCC to ensure that all who come to the Club maintain appropriate physical distancing and sanitation measures. The more robust the measures we implement, the more we can protect the safety of ourselves and those around us. We all must truly work together for ensuring the health and safety of all of us and our families and to be able to enjoy our summer activities.
As the situation evolves, we will continue to evolve and change as we learn more and see our efforts in action. Regular updates will be provided to members via email as well as on our website (www.rowsnrc.ca) and FaceBook page (@SNRowingClub).
At this point in time, we are able to open registration for the following summer programs:
• 2020 Summer Experienced – Rower U17/U19/U23: This program starts June 8 and is restricted to rowers who are already proficient rowing a single.
• 2020 Summer Novice – Rower U17/U19/U23: This program starts July 6 and is for rowers who are new to rowing and/or are NOT already proficient rowing a single. Training focus will be on crew boats, provided social distancing restrictions are lifted.
• 2020 Masters/Masters Develop Experienced – Summer: This program starts June 8 and is restricted to Masters and Masters Development rowers who are already proficient rowing a single.
• 2020 Masters Development Novice – Summer: This program starts July 6 and is for Masters Development rowers who are NOT already proficient rowing a single. Training focus will be on crew boats, provided social distancing restrictions are lifted.
• 2020 Train to Train – Family Session 1: This program starts June 8 and is for participants who have finished at least one of our summer camp sessions or have previously enrolled in our regular Train to Train program but are not proficient rowing a single. Participants would row with an experienced sibling (same household) in a double in order to comply with the current social distancing restrictions.
(Note: any 2019 Train to Train participants who are already proficient rowing a single can also enroll in this program).
We understand there are still many questions regarding our Summer Camp and Adult Recreational programs and at this time we are still hopeful that the social distancing restrictions will be relaxed starting in July and we will be able to open up these programs for registration. For those interested in enrolling in these programs please look for updates on our website and FaceBook page.
If you are unsure which program to enroll in, require a copy of the SNRC CCC or have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com .
I wish you all good health and the best rowing season we can have!