Rowing Discovery Youth Camps: Welland Tribune Readers Choice Award Winner!
No prior rowing experience required. Designed for Beginners Ages 11 to 15
Benefits: This is a truly unique experience spending days on the water experiencing a dynamic sport in a supportive and fun environment. Participants will receive a comprehensive introduction to rowing from Rowing Canada trained and certified coaches who have been or are competitive rowers for their local schools and clubs. The basic technical skills of rowing are taught through on-land and on-water training. Available equipment includes Concept 2 Ergometers/rowing machines, and spin bikes for technical and fitness training on land, and a fleet of sculling and sweep boats including stable training singles to the iconic “eights” for developing skills and experiences on the water. SNRC’s Youth Learn to Row Program balances fun along with developing strong rowing technique and skills, building self-confidence, and some new friendships along the way.
Safety: Participants are supervised, trained and, coached by Rowing Canada trained and certified coaches and on-water activity is always monitored from safety equipped motorized coach boats. Coaches adhere to SNRC’s policies for conduct and safety and require Vulnerable Sector Checks. Youths under 18 years of age require a swim competency waiver with registration.
Frequency: Half Day select week-long program from 8:30am to 12pm.
Fee: $175 per week (fee break down: $101.03 + 13% HST+ $60.84 RowOntario/Rowing Canada fees)
|July 1 – July 5
|July 22 – July 26
|Aug 19- Aug 23
- Register through the Rowing Canada – https://membership.rowingcanada.org/JoinProgram
- Select “Join a Program”. Choose “Ontario” and “South Niagara Rowing Club” from the drop-down menus.
- Select the Youth Summer Camp week/s, check the dates to ensure that you are joining the correct one. If you have difficulty we are here to help! Please contact the South Niagara Rowing Club Registrar by clicking here.
- Create an account. Parent/Guardian will need to register for youth participants. Use the parent/guardian email and phone number however register using the youth’s name and the youth campers birthdate etc. (or Log-in if you are returning from a previous year)
- Complete on-line registration and accept the waivers.
- Methods of payment:
- Credit card payment using weblink via Rowing Canada on-line registration system.
- Cheque made payable to South Niagara Rowing Club. Drop off payment in mail box located outside of the office portable prior to first day.
We look forward to a fun summer!
Thank you for choosing South Niagara Rowing Club Summer Camp.
Once the Registrar is in possession of on-line rowing program registration confirmation and program fee payment, you will receive an email stating that you are registered in the program. Athletes not registered with the SNRC and Rowing Canada are not permitted to be on the water. Any athlete with unpaid fees from previous sessions will have to make payment before being allowed on the water.
Detailed Fee Schedule Available Here